Victorville Packing Materials
Once you’ve made the decision to move some of your belongings into storage, the next step is to get boxes and packing supplies. Placing your items in packing boxes will keep them safe, easier to move around, and it will give you the opportunity to look through your items and decide what you need to keep and what you can discard.
Why buy boxes when you can get them from the back of a grocery store? That’s a good question. Getting used boxes from a store is certainly cheaper, but you may need to run around to different stores to get enough boxes. As well, the boxes are usually a little dirty. And, perhaps the worst part is that the boxes are all of a different size, making them hard to stack.
Some reasons to invest in Victorville packing materials include:
- Getting all your packing supplies in one place at one time. .
- You can buy small, medium, large, or extra large boxes based on what you need.
- Some boxes such as telescoping boxes and and wardrobe boxes are specialized. You won’t find these at the back of a grocery store.
- Same size boxes are easy to stack and they are safer because you can arrange them accordingly.
- New packing supplies are clean and of known quality whereas re-purposed supplies are of different quality and cleanliness.
Shrink Wrap, Bubble Wraps , and More
When storing delicate or fragile items like plates, chinaware and family heirlooms, it’s best to use wrapping materials to keep them safe. Paper wraps are recommended instead of old newspaper because the ink rubs off newspaper and may stain your belongings. You can also use bubble wrap or thin foam sheets. Large items may benefit with shrink wrap: these will keep your items clean and protect against scrapes and scratches.
At Anacapa Storage, we offer a variety of packing materials so you can make your self-storage experience a pleasant and successful one. Please contact us online or by phone to see the Victorville packing materials we have in stock: (760) 951-0141.